Exterior shutters in Columbia don’t merely make your home look gorgeous. They can improve its resale worth too.
There are a couple of different types of decorative exterior shutters, which we’ll review in just a minute. When you design these shutters for your home, you’ll want to work with a experienced consultant, like one from Louver Shop of Columbia. We can help you choose and come up with the best option for your home during a free consultation.
Read on to learn about the most in-demand kinds of exterior shutters and the benefits of getting them for your house.
Styles of Decorative Exterior Shutters
- Board and Batten Shutters—From big boards to broad battens, these enchanting shutters give an old-world appearance. Board and batten shutters work with many home designs, like traditional, farmhouse, lake and forest homes. They’re often available in composite, vinyl and aluminum versions.
- Raised Panel Shutters—These are one of the most ordered classic shutter styles. Raised panel shutters are made from solid panels and have decorative definition. They frequently come in single-, double- and triple-panel designs and work with a variety of architectural styles, both historic and modern. They’re typically sold in composite, vinyl and aluminum options.
- Bahama Shutters—These shutters are ideal for tropical areas, such as coastal or beach homes. Bahama shutters deflect bright sunshine and take in cooling air. They’re usually customizable in aluminum and fiberglass models.
- Louvered Shutters—These are another enduring shutter type. Louvered shutters incorporate clean lines that work with a large range of houses, including historic and contemporary. They’re usually sold in aluminum, fiberglass, hybrid and vinyl models.
At Louver Shop of Columbia, our shutters can be customized in decorative and operational models. They can be customized in almost any color or design. You can also make them your own by upgrading to premium hardware, curved tops and more.
3 Benefits of Exterior Shutters
- They keep your home cool. If you go with an operational shutter type, you can close your shutters during hot days to boost your house’s energy efficiency. By doing this, your house stays cooler while keeping your electricity bill reasonable.
- They give your house a custom look. Once you settle on a kind, the options are just about limitless for shapes, colors and optional hardware. Shutters can make your residence look unique and stand out from all the others on the block.
- They can enhance your resale value. High-quality exterior shutters, like models from Louver Shop of Columbia, might enhance your home’s value. They’re also an attractive enhancement for home buyers, even more so when they’re custom.
Quality is significant when you’re wanting to add a permanent improvement to your home’s outside. At Louver Shop of Columbia, we produce all our exterior shutters in the United States. Not only will you receive them faster, they’ll be gorgeous for many years.
We also back them with one of the top limited lifetime warranties you can find, so you won’t have to be concerned about buckling, cracking, peeling or yellowing that can happen with cheaply made shutters from overseas.
Whether you’re just starting with your shutter project or have been thinking about them for a long time, our design experts can help. We’re skilled when it comes to making attractive homes happen. Contact us at 888-428-1415 to book your free consultation right away!