Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are used for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some styles are built for increased energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for contemporary homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and made in a collection of colors. Louver Shop of Columbia exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that give a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters made with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood®: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times better than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive style only available from Louver Shop of Columbia.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and smaller louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more comfortable and stylish with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Columbia. As tough as they are attractive, there’s a window blind for every home. A strong option to filter light and increase privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment built in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that give the appearance of wood.
- Parkland®: Timeless horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually crafted from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the impression of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with current style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can diffuse sunlight, reduce heat transfer and block damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Offers excellent energy efficiency. Multiple air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and excellent insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade on the market.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that folds into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, cost-effective shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models feature extra insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade with more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades combining UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Brings both light and privacy. Incorporates vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Budget-friendly sheers that bring together drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with exceptional light control that bring together drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with excellent light control that bring together drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the look of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas brings a variety of motorized and manual operating systems for their blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand stay at a consistent length when raising or lowering blinds.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your movement, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and window darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Adds 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or somewhere in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Can be manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail removes the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades simple.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window coverings.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop operates on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that provides the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to reduce the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for convenient operation and cleaner appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Offers single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Changes looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Brings smooth operation and exceptional light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We often refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium feature for specific Hunter Douglas products. Features excellent energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that form a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature that increases the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for blinds that hides cord holes and reduces light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop feature on hurricane shutters that takes away the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing feature for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for select horizontal blinds that approximately doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also referred to as faux or fake wood. Suited for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Columbia offers a contemporary operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from sight. This offers smooth operation and improved view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that compose a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for vertical blinds ensuring easy, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary component for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that enhances energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.